Friday, July 31, 2009

The Void

The void felt so large, so dark
It grew larger and larger until it I felt is was all of me
That large gaping emptiness that was all that I was
I looked and looked all around to be filled,
The void grew still larger
It was then I stopped looking
And asked for transformation from within.
It was then I felt the warmth
Descending, the Light poured
I stretched, opening to receive
And the void began to morph
Becoming a cup
And still the Light poured and the cup expanded
Till it became a chalice of grace
Filled to the brim and overflowing

©C. Pennington

2 comments:

terri st. cloud said...

ohhhhh ho ho....is that gorgeous or what?!!! love that, christie!!!!!!!
gorgeous!

The Lightspeakers said...

Thanks so much, it felt like such a release when I wrote it. I do appreciate the feedback from you especially.