Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Blessing Train

Let me tell you about the Blessing Train. As a child we frequently visited a family who were not biologically related but were nonetheless like family to my mother and me. They appeared to my childlike eyes to be perfect, the perfect family. I always felt safe when I was there visiting for the weekend. At night in bed you could hear the train whistle calling in the distance, it was incredibly comforting, an anchor of my experience there, the sense of kindness and safety I felt.

Where I live now, I can again hear a train whistle in the night and early morning, a reminder of that long ago time, it evokes a bittersweet memory. Most of the time I hear it when I’m communicating with my Angels, quirky how it seems to always arrive at that particular time. It seems to come as a confirmation from them that I am safe.

Not too long ago I had a vision as the whistle echoed in the distance. As it came closer I saw a train coming into the station of my town, average looking people were on the train, talking, playing cards, doing things average people do. But as the train entered the station and passed through the town, all these average people rose to take their places on both sides of the train facing the windows. Palms raised they looked out smiling, their ordinary clothes gone, as they were transfigured to light, and wings appeared. Standing there, these lovely Angels of light were blessing us, the entire town, all of us.

Now I realize this vision would most likely be considered a fantasy by some who look kindly upon me, considered something less charitable by those who do not. It doesn’t really matter, because each time I hear the train whistle I see this clearly and know that I am blessed. So whether you regard my story as fantasy, or something else, in any case, know that you are blessed too.

2 comments:

Wildflower said...

I love the picture this evokes. So often we forget that others bless and think of us, even friends that perhaps we have lost tough with -- just as we send them love they send us love too when we come to their minds.

Christie said...

Thank you Heather for the comment and yes, so easy to forget, so good to remember that love and blessing are always available to us.