Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Presence of Peace

Freedom of time, to find the presence of peace, a freedom not within my current reach

Time to sit in the stillness, to remember, to appreciate all that is, and perhaps all that is not

The chaos persists just the same, despite the willingness to learn to shift, to change

Small apexes open up and the elusive seems within my grasp, there it is, a space, a moment of peace,

Then it slips away into an unknown place waiting for me to play hide and seek, to find It again

It always returns but I beg it to never leave, to stay with me to be fully present always

The awareness place of peace is what I’m learning

Being the presence of that peace within whatever chaos is present in the moment

I’m challenged by the difficulty, yet persist nonetheless, perhaps persistence is pointless

And I merely need to open, to accept, to embrace what I now pursue
I wonder if I had more freedom of time, would peace be more present?

Or is it my gift that I do not, so that I must reach for it within the constraints at hand


Dance with it outside of time, breathe it in each moment

No comments: