Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Holy Beings

We've all dealt with pain but there's really no adequate means of measuring it. It's an individual experience, though generally certain events are considered more painful.
Because pain is so uncomfortable and
Because it causes many unpleasant repercussions in our lives, our desire to decrease or eliminate it is understandable. In fact, for some of us, the desire to keep pain at bay causes us to retreat from living our lives fully. Or our inability to shed our pain often leads us to pass it on to others in a mindless exchange of pain participation.

When I first realized that carrying my past pain with its accompanying bitterness and resentment, was actually causing me to draw more of it to me, I was stunned. The Law of Attraction it seems works both ways.

I wish I could say the mere realization of this immediately changed everything, that in one awestruck lightening filled moment I was healed of my need to carry past pain and pass it along. Truthfully, that wasn't the fact.

Transforming pain is a process but I have made significant progress and that progress has made life a much richer experience for me. As we honor ourselves and our lives as sacred, we may wish to remember to also honor others experience of pain, though not the pain itself. Some experiences that cause one individual pain may not be the cause of pain for another. Sometimes we may judge another's pain as insignificant so we don't offer a supportive spirit to those whose pain we may feel is trifling compared with our own.

I'm reminding myself here as I remind you, that pain whatever the source, is a deep and difficult experience. Many times in order for us to move through and out of the pain process we really need to know that not our pain itself but our experience of it is validated.

Let's remember to join together in doing this for one another as part of honoring ourselves and others as Holy Beings.

I honor you.....Christie
http://www.thelightspeakers.blogspot.com/
www.thelightspeakers.com/Newsletter.html

No comments: