Monday, February 9, 2009

Monday's Blessing

I've always disliked Monday's, actually many times I've hated Mondays. Today was definitely one that fell somewhere between dislike and strong dislike when I discovered there had been a bit of a break down in financial communications with not one but two creditors. That was not the way I had thought I would begin my week, the surprise factor made it all seem worse along with the fact that I quickly felt myself slipping into self-pity.

When I do that I always get angry at myself because I'm supposed to be the person that shows others how to deal with such stuff and here I am doing a not so great job of it myself. What if anyone found out? What if they knew that I fell into the trap of self-pity and a moment of...make that several moments.....okay twenty minutes of "what's the use" of trying?

So you ask "Where's the blessing"? Kinda like " I still don't see the pony". Here it is, I decided that I would find the blessing. Based on the fact that I facilitate a monthly Blessing Circle it seemed like an apropos choice to actually implement what I was co-creating in the group.
It was the decision that was the Blessing. I made the decison to look away from the issues and focus on the Blessing, any Blessing I could find, but in the act of doing that....I had already found one.

This may not seem like a big deal and I was at first reluctant to write about it and put it out there, but for me, it said that I had made a fairly large leap forward. I usually practice what I preach....except for those times that I'm hit unexpectedly with financial problems I didn't know I had. The ones that hang around regularly, those I can usually manage.

Then I realized all the other blessings inherent in Monday being Monday. A fresh start, a new beginning, anticipation of what I would create in the coming week, opportunities to learn and serve in the days ahead and more. Monday did and does hold a Blessing, it gave me the opportunity, sooner rather than later to walk my talk.

For any out there that find Monday's difficult I challenge you to look a bit more deeply at what it may afford in the way of opportunity and insight.

Have a Blessed Monday!

2 comments:

Merry ME said...

I love finding blessings where you least expectthem.

What is a blessing circle and how can I make one?

The Lightspeakers said...

Thank you for asking, it's not something you make, but rather something you do.I facilitate a monthly Blessing Circle at my home in Fredericksburg Va. monthly. It's purpose is to support one another in focusing on the blessings in our lives and assist us to find the blessings within the difficult places in our lives through choice and perception.
You know now you've lit a fire and I'm thinking I "can" make some too!